This workshop can cater for up to 30 children and takes 2 hours to complete. It will require the use of computers, a projector on which to display instructions and a small amount of floor space where the children can test their cars. Laptops can be provided but will require a room with power outlets.
We have a number of activity sessions including Space Junk and Plastic in our Seas.
To book a session in your school, please contact us
This workshop satisfies the following aspects of the curriculum
- Estimate size and use correct units when measuring
- Prioritise steps to complete a task
- Listen to explanations of processes and identify main points
- Communicate ideas and agree actions in groups
- Use and understand technical terms
- Suggest and make improvements depending on feedback and self-evaluation - Identify different parts of a process e.g. variables, loops and functions
- Predict outcomes after modifying inputs
- Apply logical reasoning to a problem to formulate a solution.
- Detect and correct simple errors in algorithms
- Promote growth mindset
- Develop teamwork, communication and time management skills
- Develop an understanding of the importance of coding in the world around us
- Develop confidence in the application of learned skills