F1 National Final Results 2012
EESW/STEMCymru would like to congratulate all the teams who took part in the F1 National Finals at the Big Bang Fair in Birmingham on 16th and 17th March 2012. The teams were all required to present their work to the public at the event, give a presentation to F1 engineers and race their winning car.
We would like to extend further congratulations to the teams listed below – we are very proud of how well all the Welsh teams performed.
- Bloodhound SSC Class – 3rd Place – Speedy Sixes, Ysgol Glan Clwyd
- Jaguar Best Engineered Car (Sponsored by Jaguar Land Rover) – Team Fast Lane, Ysgol Friars
- Best Use of Solid Works (Sponsored by Solid Works) – Team Fast Lane, Ysgol Friars
- Fastest Bloodhound SSC Car (sponsored by Denford Ltd) – Speedy Sixes, Ysgol Glan Clwyd (0.662 seconds – 71.9mph)
- Best Team Identity Award – Motion Racing – Ysgol Dewi Sant & Monmouth Comprehensive
EESW/STEMCymru would also like to give extra special congratulations to Aron, Emily, John, Isabel, Tomos and Masuma of Team Fast Lane from Ysgol Friars. They have been selected to represent Wales at the F1 in Schools World Finals, which are to be held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates from 29th – 31st October 2012. They aim to be the first Welsh team to be crowned F1 in Schools World Champions and we believe they have what it takes!
Good luck to Team Fast Lane and have a great time in Abu Dhabi!
To support the team and follow their journey, visit their facebook page at
or their dedicated website at: