Arkwright Engineering Scholarships inspire high-calibre Year 11 students to become future leaders in engineering and related areas of design. The Scholarships support students through the sixth form and encourage them to enter higher education and pursue engineering careers. 85% of Scholars go on to study engineering or design at a Top 20 university.
Arkwright is one of the most prestigious Scholarship schemes in the UK. Case studies show the excellent exam results and enviable career progress made by Scholars over the twenty years of Arkwright’s existence. In that time Arkwright has awarded over 2,350 Scholarships, growing year on year.
• Arkwright Engineering Scholarships are widely respected and enhance Scholars’ CVs
• £400 financial award to the school’s Design & Technology Department
• £600 financial award to the Scholar, to help with the cost of materials and activities to optimise their studies
• Scholars have access to enrichment activities that enhance their engineering and leadership ability, including industry-based career days and mentoring
• The prestige of the Arkwright scheme provides schools with marketing opportunities to prospective parents
Who can apply for a Scholarship?
• Your school must be affiliated to the Arkwright Scholarships Trust. Affiliation is simple and free.
• Applicants must be in year 11 and taking GCSE Design & Technology or a related subject
• Applicants should be planning to take A levels or equivalent examinations in subjects relevant to the study of engineering at university
• Applicants must make a commitment to maths at AS and preferably A2
• Applicants must be actively considering a university degree and career in engineering or a related area of design
Student Application Procedure
• Applications are welcomed between September and January each academic year
• Candidates sit the two-hour Arkwright Aptitude Paper at their school in February. This encourages students to demonstrate their skills by producing innovative solutions to two engineering and design problems
• Short-listed candidates are interviewed in March or April. Interviews are hosted by leading UK universities
• Successful candidates are matched to a Sponsor in July
• Scholarships are awarded in October.
For further information or a no-commitment chat about Arkwright Engineering Scholarships please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01926 333210
EESW/STEM Cymru is pleased to be working with the Arkwright scholarship programme for the benefit of students in Wales.